11 December 2009

Ranbir: I don't wish to live on the names of my forefathers

Lay the red carpet for the young Ranbir Kapoor who didn't quite have an auspicious beginning two years back with SAAWARIYA, got a breather in the form of BACHNA AE HASEENO, found respect as an actor as well as commercial acceptability with WAKE UP SID, woke up the industry, media and of course audiences alike with AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI and is now all set to get some more success coming his way through ROCKET SINGH.

When one talks about the big names involved in a project, one can't help wonder if he along with his dad Rishi Kapoor have ever thought of building a Brand Kapoor. When Brand Bachchan is pretty much in vogue with Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai pretty much like a package affair, can Kapoors be far behind?

Ranbir doesn't take much in time in replying to this one. "I don't wish to live on the names of my forefathers. My family has been contributing to cinema for 75 years; my father has been a great actor himself. I am here to act on my own grounds. Yes, it's an advantage to come from a family like this and today I am here in the industry due to this family. Still, I don't have any intentions to flash this tag in whatever I do and wherever I go. However, even when I say that, I am not trying to belittle anyone."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...